Getting Started with Lead Generation Ads
1. Set Clear Goals: Start with defining your goals. What do you want to achieve through Google Ads? Your goals might include lead generation, brand awareness, or website traffic. When you set clear objectives, it is easier to determine the right bidding strategy and measure success.
2. Analyze Your Competition: Knowing what the competition is doing with their bids can be helpful in setting your own. Research the average CPC of similar keywords and what kind of results competitors are getting. You may also want to use market intelligence tools to gather even more data about competitor strategies.
3. Use Automated Bidding: Automated bidding allows Google Ads to adjust bids based on certain criteria like time of day, user location, and device type. Automated bidding can be a great way to save time and get better results by allowing Google Ads to optimize bids for you.
4. Leverage Negative Keywords: By adding negative keywords to your campaigns, you can reduce wasted ad spend on irrelevant searches and focus on the queries that are more likely to convert. This can help you get the most out of your budget and generate better results.
5. Utilize Ad Extensions: Ad extensions give viewers additional information about your business that can increase clicks, conversions, and sales. By adding ad extensions such as locations, phone numbers, reviews, and callouts to your ads, you can give people the information they need to make informed decisions.
6. Monitor Performance: Regularly monitoring your campaigns is essential for success with Google Ads. Keeping an eye on performance metrics like click-through rate, cost-per-click, and average position will help you identify what’s working and what needs improvement.
Need expert Google Ads help? Get a free Google account audit from Clicks Geek.