Getting Started with Lead Generation Ads
1. Decide which type of conversions you want to track: Before getting started with Google Ads conversion tracking, it is important to decide what type of conversions should be tracked and how they will impact your business goals. For example, consider whether you want to track sales, sign-ups, downloads or something else.
2. Choose a conversion action category: Google Ads provides several different categories of conversions such as “lead”, “purchase” etc. Depending on your business goals and the kind of conversions you are looking to track, choose the most appropriate option.
3. Set up Google Ads Tags: To set up conversion tracking with Google Ads, you will need to place a conversion tracking tag on the web page that appears after a visitor takes an action you have defined as conversion. The code is provided by Google Ads and can be easily installed on your site.
4. Configure settings: You can configure custom settings such as defining the value of conversions, setting up revenue tracking, setting up dynamic conversion value, setting specific windows for tracking and more.
5. Test Conversion Tracking: After you have set up your conversion tracking code, it is important to test that everything is working properly. Try running a few conversions with different devices to ensure your conversion data is being tracked accurately.
6. Monitor Performance: Finally, it is important to regularly monitor your conversion data so you can optimize the performance of your campaigns. With tracking, you’ll have a better understanding of which campaigns are driving the most conversions and how much those conversions cost. This will make it easier to identify areas where you need to improve in order to maximize results.
Need expert Google Ads help? Get a free Google account audit from Clicks Geek.